Sunday, May 29, 2011

has it really been this long

since I last posted?  A few things had been keeping me busy over the past month and a half. The Easter long weekend took us to Pennsylvania where I have family on my mother's side.  We drove down Thursday after work and got into town around 11:30.  Friday we took off to Virginia to attack the Cabela's store which was about an hour a fifteen from where we were staying.  I think this was the first time he has ever out shopped me.

Saturday we made our way into downtown Pittsburgh.  I recently became a big fan of the Penns while watching the HBO 24/7 Special they ran for the build up of the Winter Classic, which is the outdoor hockey game they play on New Year's Day.  I figured since we were going to be so close by it was the perfect opportunity to go and buy something from the Arena.  On Friday we learned the Penns were playing Game 5 of the first round of the Stanley Cup playoffs at HOME at NOON! 

We made our way into the city through the tunnel and parked across from the arena.  The vibe was awesome with so much excitement in the air.  We didn't have tickets but thought it would be great just to be there during the playoffs.  I ended up getting Marc-Andre Fleury's jersey.  For those of you who don't know, he is their main goalie and happens to be Canadian (along with about 50% of the rest of their guys lol).  The game was about to start in 10 minutes so we thought we would just walk around as far in the arena as we could get without tickets, just to check out the place.  We passed an older lady working in front of the ticket booths and she asked us if we had tickets we just laughed, being from Toronto where the tickets are hundreds and hundreds of dollars a piece to see the Leafs and none are ever available we just assumed they were sold out.  She said to us "you're right here, why don't you just ask and see?" and we were SO glad we did!  We ended up getting two tickets in the lower bowl in section 110. 

It was incredible, we just laughed and laughed that we actually got two tickets together for a playoff game when we knew that NEVER would happened back home.  It was extra special for me, since it was the first time I had been to an NHL game and it was for my new favorite team, during the playoffs in their new house!   I was like a kid in a candy store running to my seat as I could hear the intro music the Penns start every game with.  Unfortunately they lost the game but all in all, an amazing day.




***

Since the beginning of May, I have not been able to work out but I am pretty much good to go now and look forward to getting back on the work-out wagon. 

I just got back from spending my 5th anniversary in Europe where we walked and walked and walked and walked but it was an amazing trip with lots of sight seeing and lots of just experiencing life overseas.  It was our first time making the trip across the pond and I loved every minute of it.  Today and yesterday has just been time spent getting rebalanced with the time change, but tomorrow will bring exercise back to the forefront.

No comments:

Post a Comment