Wednesday, July 7, 2010

So you know where I am coming from...

This is the story of how I finally came to the decision that enough was enough, the time had come to lose the weight for good!

How this new journey began...

The date was December 2007 and the scale was tipping at 220lbs. My husband and I were having dinner with my parents and uncle who was visiting for the holidays. My uncle is a type-2 diabetic. During the course of the meal, he began significantly perspiring, he looked as though he had just walked out of the shower. I called his name repeatedly and looked at my father in horror asking if we needed to call 911. It took a few minutes for my uncle to come around and after he said he had just taken too much of his insulin medication.

It was that night, that dinner that put me on my path to loosing weight and living a healthier life. Seeing my uncle go through that diabetic episode made me realize what my future had in store for me if I didn't act now. I started working out immediately and I started tracking my calories and exercise daily to keep my on track.

Fast forward two years...

I certainly feel like a different woman, more confident and I have a much better self esteem even compared to a year ago. I am on my way to losing the rest of the weight and I know it will happen because I believe in myself and I am making the necessary changes, physically, emotionally and mentally that are required for me to be successful.


Time goes by, you might as well make the most of it...

Today is July 7, 2010. I have now been at this for 2.5 years and it's definitely getting easier. Eating properly and exercising 4-5 days a week is now my norm and I like that. I have seen a loss over 20lbs since the start of the year bringing my total loss to 62lbs and about 30 inches from around my whole body. I am so lucky to have had the wake up call when I did that holiday season back in 2007 other wise I don't think I would be sitting here, not on this site and definitely not at this weight.

No comments:

Post a Comment