Sunday, April 3, 2011

Living My Moksha: Week 1 - Be Healthy!

I don't remember if I mentioned this already...actually thinking about it now I probably did.  Anyway, tomorrow marks the start of the Living Your Moksha challenge I signed up for at my yoga studio.  I have been looking for "more" and this challenge couldn't have come at a better time. 

To kick start the challenge I made a couple of new recipes to have for lunch this week.  I have been introducing more vegetarian meals into my diet over the past year or so but usually it was either eggplant parm or chickpea stew.  This weekend I branched out and made coconut brown basmati rice and black bean mango salad. 
 Black Bean Mango Salad

Can of low sodium Black Beans (I used blue menu)
1 organic Mango
1 red pepper
half a sweet onion
fresh garlic
fresh ginger root
Fresh cilantro
Honey
Rice Vinegar
Lemon Juice
Olive Oil

Coconut Rice

A can of Coconut Milk
Brown Basmati Rice
Water

Cook according to the directions on the bag of rice

While at the local grocery store this weekend I picked up a few new herb plants for my kitchen windowsill.  I know if I leave them outside I will complete forget I have them and buy more "fresh" herbs so they have to stay within eye sight.  Plus I just love the fresh look they give the kitchen, not to mention hot GOOD they smell :)  I got Basil, Rosemary and Cilantro...I use to HATE cilantro now I add it to as many dishes as I can!

No comments:

Post a Comment