Saturday, January 22, 2011

information is powerful

I felt it was time to hop on the scale as I was avoiding it since November I think.  I was exactly where I figured I was weight wise, my water % was WAY too low and my fat % was way too high!    In the past I would have seen the number on the scale and been really depressed about it and probably gone and sabotaged myself with some really bad food, but not this time.  This time I didn't get upset or down on myself about it, I saw it as the information I needed to refocus myself.

I promptly got my butt on the treadmill and went for a run/walk session for 35 minutes.  I also adjusted the menu for this evening's get together and decided to go for some healthier options instead of fat-filled apps.  I have some shrimp and chicken marinating and will prepare an antipasto platter with multi gran baguettes and some very yummy cheeses. I know the cheese isn't the healthiest options...but I LOVE cheese and don't have it very often.

I have been struggling with exercising regularly as I have been working long hours lately and I know that is not a valid excuse as I have a home gym.  I think part of the problem is that I don't have a specific goal or event to focus on and use as motivation like I did last year.  I have to do some soul-searching and figure out what my goals will be to keep myself focused and on the wagon...my friends blog is titled "She said I need a goal" and that couldn't be more true!

No comments:

Post a Comment