Saturday, January 8, 2011

Motivation

I decided to change up the look of my blog to give me a little added motivation.  I usually head south for a week in the winter to soak up the sun (getting a little extra vitamin D) and relax on the beach.  Living in Canada the winter can be long and cold and I really really love getting away.  This year somethings came up so plans had to be put on hold but I am working on a spring trip instead.

Last year while on my winter vacation I wore my first bikini ever!  I had bought two and I loved wearing them all week long.  I had brought a one-piece suit with me just in case I lost my nerve but as it turned out, I never wore it!  This was a huge milestone for me as I had never been comfortable or self confident enough to even consider wearing a bikini before that trip and it felt amazing to be able to strut my stuff around the resort. 

So with a trip in the spring on my mind I think this will be a great motivator to keep me focus and on the workout wagon.  I want to be in even better shape for this trip and I plan to get a new bikini to celebrate!

...

I tried a new kick boxing studio this morning and I can safely say that was one of the hardest workouts I have ever done!  I actually felt like I was going to be sick for a couple minutes so I know I probably pushed a little too hard.  I don't know that this is what I was looking for.  It was a great workout in terms of the calorie burn, I just don't know that I loved it enough to do this a couple times a week.  I think I enjoy Yoga and running more.  So I am thinking my workout plan will be something like this...

Monday - Running
Tuesday -  Booty Camp DVD or Strength Training
Wednesday - Running
Thursday - Yoga
Friday - Rest
Saturday - Booty Camp DVD or Strength Training
Sunday - Rest

No comments:

Post a Comment