Saturday, February 26, 2011

jaw dropping, mouth watering whitefish

The day started at 5:30 this morning. I hit the snooze button a couple times since we both ended up losing about an hour of sleep this morning between 3:30 and 4:30 (thanks to an wrong number). Breakfast consisted of a large double double and a egg mcmuffin, not the healthiest but I do love them.

We got to the launch area and paid our entry fee, we were fishing in a fund raiser for a family with a boy who has Autism and the money helps pay for some of the extra care he requires. We made our way out on the hard water. Tony picked a great spot and we were on the fish in no time. Actually, he drilled the first hole and started marking fish immediately and before I could finish getting my gear ready he already landed one! Mmmmm whitefish! I could already taste the fish fry.

We spent the morning on that spot and it worked out great! He caught I think 5 and I landed one, but it was the biggest fish of the day. it was funny though cause after we put back the last whitefish caught we didn't land anymore, not for a lack of trying though.    
We made our way back in and decided not to weigh in our biggest as it was already beat by an inch for the biggest fish of the day. All in all a great day filled with people helping a family in need and a day spent with Tony doing what he LOVES to do.

I hit the stepper while Tony cleaned the fish then we indulged in a dinner of beer batter whitefish.

Tomorrow, I am going for a long run on the treadmill I think. The snow is coming down pretty good right now and I already bailed on the ice once this weekend, I don't need to press my luck out there tomorrow lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment