Wednesday, March 23, 2011

hanging my head in shame

I had a terrible sleep last night...or I guess I should say it was the lack there of that was terrible.  I woke up to dh sneezing around 2:30 and tossed and turned for a while.  Then the mind started spinning about all the things I needed to take care of at work today.  I got up, went to the kitchen and mades some notes in my note book then went back to bed. 

I sing 99 bottles of beer on the wall when I struggle to fall asleep so away I went... 99 bottles of beer on the wall, 99 bottles of beer, take one down...are you getting sleepy yet?  Seriously, it works at least for me.    I think I made it to 97.  I kept waking up over heated due to an entire queen dovey folder over on top of me and a purring kitty cat (not the one in the fridge) walking all over me.  At 5:30 I made an executive decision, kicked off the blanket and reset the alarm for 7:10 instead of 6:10.  So it looks like making the "online" promise to get up early backfired.

I am going to reset the alarm back to 6:10 for tomorrow though to go for another morning run.  I am also going to yoga tomorrow and so looking forward to just letting it all go!  Part of the yoga that I am trying to take off my mat, is learning to let things go and not carry all this extra tension in my body.  I get myself full of muscle knots and besides being physically painfull I think it takes a toll emtionally.  So it's there I am learning to let go.  I almost said trying, but decided that I am not trying to let go, I AM letting go.

On the yoga note, if you are interested the Moksha Yoga studios are running a 7 week "living your moksha" challenge...check it out here.

No comments:

Post a Comment