Thursday, March 24, 2011

holding my head high

I was in bed last night at 9:51, I do not remember the last time I was in bed before 10pm! Anyway, as I climbed into bed for my much anticipate slumber I reset the alarm to go off at 6:10.


I had a mostly sound sleep and woke up only once sometime between 2 and 3 I think to kick the two fighting fur babies off the bed...I really think it is time for a king size bed...between the two of them and DH, I have no room to move. Anyway, I woke up around 5:30 but there was no way I was getting out of bed yet, kitty number one needed some snuggles.

6:10 the alarm went off and I ended up getting out of bed at about 6:25 and made my way down to the hamster wheel. I went for over 30 minutes and pretty much kept to the two heart rate zones, either being below 140 or above 160 not going over 175. I also found out that my old running speed pretty much had me in "zone 3" between 16- and 175 so I was happy about that.

Tonight after dinner I will be heading down to my weekly moksha class. Last week I tried a more advanced move going from the bridge into the wheel. Basically this is where you are doing a back bend from lying on your back to pushing yourself up but your hands and feet are on the floor and your back is arched. It felt great and can't wait to try again tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment