Sunday, July 3, 2011

W2 R4: mid day run

I slept in on yesterday but, I guess I needed the sleep.  I got up made some coffee and plotted out my course for the 3km run.  By the time we headed out it was mid day and the sun was high in the sky.  The temperature was pretty hot and it was quite humid out.  Not the best time to head out for a run, but I am just happy I went.

My average heart rate was 172 with the max at 182.  The route was exactly 3km according to Google Maps, I guess I didn't hit "start" properly on runtastic so I didn't get my pace info or the exact distance based on that program.  The time to complete was 26:35 so it looks like my speed is improving a bit already.  I was surprised at the time to complete actually considering the temperature and humidity.
I still need to plot out my course for today but I think I will wait and go in the evening when it's a bit cooler out (I hope).  The training schedule calls for 7km today.  While I want to stay in the shade for this, I am not too sure about where I can go for that, maybe I can do the back half of the lake front train in Hamilton.  We were fishing for a little while yesterday at a park on Northshore and it was gorgeous with the breeze off the lake which would help a lot in keeping my temp down. 
***
I am going to make my mango black bean salad for lunch this week and I think I will make it with some coconut quinoa.    For dinner tonight I am trying a new recipe for Grilled Ginger Peanut Pork Tenderloin.  It is similar to a dish we ate while on vacation in Europe. We went two days in a row because it was that good so I thought about recreating it.  I think I will make a broccoli coleslaw to serve with the pork, I just can't bring myself to prepare a hot side dish right now with it being summer time.
Time to plot my course for later today then head to fortinos and get on with the day.  I have to say having the long weekend has been excellent, wish every weekend in the summer was a long weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment